Quilt is a very common type of quilt in life. It can bring me warmth. However, if the quilt is used for a long time, it needs to be repaired. Its cleaning, the cleaning of quilts is also very particular. Let’s introduce to you How to wash quilts, Can quilts be washed in a washing machine, How long should a quilt be dried, let’s take a look Take a look.
1. Tips on how to wash quilts
1. The main component of the quilt is cotton. To clean the quilt, you need to clean the quilt cover. After removing the quilt cover, clean it directly with a washing machine, mainly because there is likely to be cotton lint left in the quilt cover. Wait for impurities to be removed before cleaning. You can turn the quilt cover over and clean it, and wash the lining to make it cleaner.
2. After a quilt is used for a long time, the cotton batting will become hard, yellow, and even smelly. At this time, the sun is the best helper. Remove the quilt cover, We can put the cotton wool in the sun to dry, pat it while it is drying, and then install it at night.
3. If a part of the quilt is contaminated, you can use a special detergent to clean it locally after drying. Do not use Blisters. After soaking, the quilt cannot be used. Just use detergent directly, and the smaller the range, the better.
2. Can quilts be washed in a washing machine?
Can quilts be washed in a washing machine? * It is not possible, because the cotton quilt is filled with cotton. Old-fashioned cotton quilts usually have several layers of quilt linings and quilt covers when they are made, because they cannot be washed.
Due to the special properties of cotton, it cannot be washed or dry-cleaned. After washing, the cotton will lose its original warmth retention properties and lose its original warmth. It will form clumps of hard cotton.
Dry-cleaned cotton is even worse, it will shrink into balls, and its thermal insulation effect is also greatly reduced. If it is not very dirty, just expose it to the sun and buy a clean cover. If it is very dirty, it is recommended to buy another one.
3. How long is the appropriate time to dry the quilt?
1. How long is the appropriate time to dry a quilt? Different seasons require different drying times, and the time for collecting quilts must also be mastered. In summer, the sun is strong, so it’s no problem to put away the quilt at four or five o’clock. However, in winter, the best time to dry the quilt is from 10 am to 2:30 pm. Don’t put the quilt away too late, otherwise cold air and moisture will invade.
2. In order to avoid direct sunlight when drying the quilt, it is recommended to cover the quilt with a thin bed sheet. Can play a protective role. Of course, during the drying process, the quilt should be turned over frequently so that both sides of the quilt can be exposed to the sun evenly.
3. When collecting the quilt, pat it. If it is dirty, beat it with something like a stick. The purpose of drying the quilt is to use ultraviolet rays to kill bacteria in the quilt. It is suitable to dry the quilt twice a week for three to four hours*.
The above are about How to wash quilts, Can quilts be washed in a washing machine , How long is the appropriate time to dry a quilt? I hope it will be helpful to everyone! , China’s well-known large-scale decoration platform and leading decoration brand. If you want to put some thought into decoration and design, it is recommended that you apply for professional design services. Professional designers can help you plan a reasonable space layout and exquisite design through on-site room measurement.
>> Click here to get professional designer* room design