Cotton and linen fabrics are currently very popular and are widely used in clothing and bedding. This is an affordable and high-quality material, but it also has certain advantages and disadvantages. So will cotton and linen fabrics shrink? Today, the editor will introduce to you in detail the Advantages and Disadvantages of Cotton and Linen Fabrics, and then talk about the Washing Methods of Cotton and Linen Fabrics, to provide reference and suggestions for friends who have needs in this regard. .
1. Advantages and disadvantages of cotton and linen fabrics
1. Advantages of cotton and linen fabrics
(1) Moisturizing properties
Cotton and linen fabrics use natural cotton tissue, which is a poor conductor of heat and electricity, so it has high elasticity, moisturizing properties, and fits human skin without feeling stuffy or hot to the touch. Very comfortable too. Even if the human body sweats, it can be quickly absorbed to return the body temperature to normal, which is better for use in summer.
(2) Environmental protection
Cotton and linen fabrics are made of natural environmentally friendly materials. From planting to hand-woven into cloth, no oranges are added during the process, and it does not contain chemical heavy metal ions. It is a true green ecological textile treasure.
(3) Heat resistance
According to scientific research, cotton and linen fabrics will not be damaged due to excessive temperature in an environment of 110°C. Therefore, cotton and linen fabrics have strong heat resistance. Even in high-temperature weather or high-temperature washing, the service life will not be affected. .
2. Disadvantages of cotton and linen fabrics
(1) Easy to wrinkle
Whether cotton or linen, their anti-wrinkle ability is relatively poor, and they will leave wrinkles after severe friction. Deep marks, even such marks cannot be repaired automatically and need to be ironed later.
Compared with pure cotton fabrics, cotton and linen fabrics have a certain roughness and will feel numb and tingling when worn on the body, so they are rarely made into close-fitting clothing. Moreover, the glossiness of cotton and linen fabrics is average and does not have a high gloss.
(Recommended reading: What are the characteristics of cotton and linen curtains)
2. Will cotton and linen fabrics shrink?
1. Cotton and linen fabrics have the characteristics of pure cotton fabrics, so they will shrink. Generally, the shrinkage rate is about 5%. Pay special attention when washing. Try not to use the washing machine to dry it. Wring it directly by hand and dry it. That’s it.
2. Cotton and linen fabrics are generally blended with 55% linen and 45% cotton or 50% linen and 50% cotton. The texture of linen fabric is soft, and it is easy to deform when twisted or thrown hard, which may seriously damage the washing machine. It is recommended to put it in a laundry bag and choose the gentle cycle for washing.
3. If cotton and linen fabrics shrink, you can mix them with some baby shampoo or conditioner and soak them For about 5 minutes, wring it out and lay it flat on a dry towel, and roll up the towel and clothes together. *Take out the clothes, stretch them to the appropriate size, and dry them normally.
3. How to wash cotton and linen fabrics
There are two ways to wash cotton and linen fabrics – hand washing and machine washing. These two kinds of washing* have different things to pay attention to.
1. Hand wash cotton and linen fabrics
Cotton and linen fabrics are easy to fade, so they cannot be washed directly in hot water. You can soak them in cold water for 1-2 minutes in advance, take them out and wring them dry, and then choose neutral laundry detergent or professional cotton and linen laundry detergent. Use detergent to wash. For particularly dirty areas, rub gently with your hands to avoid damage to the fabric. *Rinse clean and place in a ventilated and cool place to dry.
2. Machine washable cotton and linen fabric
Since cotton and linen fabrics are prone to wrinkles and deformation, you should choose the gentle setting when machine washing to avoid damage to the fabric. Put the clothes and laundry detergent in the washing machine, turn off the machine for half a minute and pick up the clothes.��, stretch it flat and let it dry or iron it with a steam iron.
The above is aboutthe advantages and disadvantages of cotton and linen fabrics, whether cotton and linen fabrics will shrink, and how to wash cotton and linen fabrics. Method’s related content, I hope it will be helpful to everyone! , China’s well-known large-scale decoration platform and leading decoration brand. If you want to put some thought into decoration and design, it is recommended that you apply for professional design services. Professional designers can help you plan a reasonable space layout and exquisite design through on-site room measurement.
>> Click here to get professional designer* room design