Mattresses are a must-have bedding for every household. There are not only many mattress brands on the market, but also many mattress materials, such as latex mattresses and straw mattresses. , brown mattress, etc. Different mattresses give people different feelings, among which brown mattresses are one of the more popular mattresses nowadays. Next, let’s take a look at Why does brown mat smell?, Does brown mat smell like formaldehyde? and How to judge whether brown mat has formaldehydeRelated content, I hope it can help everyone.
1. Why does the brown mat smell?
1. Brown mattress is a brown mattress made from the brown clothing of natural palm trees. The material itself does not contain harmful substances, but a lot of adhesives or glues are used in the process of making mattresses, which contain a lot of Formaldehyde may also be the source of the smell.
2. In addition, new brown mattresses will be wrapped with a plastic film on the outside of the product to prevent soiling or damage to the brown mattress. This plastic film may also emit some smell.
3. If it is in a moisture-proof area and the brown mattress has not been dried for a long time, there is a possibility of mold. When the mattress becomes moldy, it will Gives off an unpleasant smell.
2. Is the smell of brown mats caused by formaldehyde?
1. Poor-quality brown mats not only use a large amount of glue during the production process, but the quality of the glue is also very poor. It contains a lot of formaldehyde. When the amount of formaldehyde reaches a certain level, there will be a pungent smell.
2. However, the smell of brown mats may not only be caused by formaldehyde. If you buy a new brown mat without removing the outer layer of plastic film, the plastic film will also emit a bad smell over time. The smell.
3. The palm mat itself has a plant smell, because its raw materials are taken from palm trees, so this smell is inevitable because of the production It is impossible to completely remove the taste of the raw materials during the process.
4. Therefore, the smell of brown mats comes from many sources. If you find a smell, you can smell it carefully. If it is just the plant smell of the brown mat itself, It’s okay. If the smell is due to other reasons, some treatment will be required.
3. How to judge whether the brown mat has formaldehyde
1. Formaldehyde is a colorless and irritating gas. Formaldehyde is denser than air and is soluble in water. Formaldehyde will slowly oxidize into formic acid if left in the air for a long time.
2. If you want to determine whether the brown mat contains formaldehyde, you can place the brown mat in an empty room, close the door and windows for 24 hours, and then use a formaldehyde self-test box to test it. Be careful to remove the plastic film of the brown mat, otherwise the formaldehyde will not be completely emitted and the detection will be inaccurate.
3. When the concentration of formaldehyde in the air exceeds 0.6 mg/cubic meter, people’s eyes and throats will feel some pain. If the concentration of formaldehyde in the air If it exceeds 10PPM, people will shed tears uncontrollably.
The above is about Why does the brown mat smell?, Is the brown mat smelling like formaldehyde? and How to tell whether brown mats contain formaldehyde? Related content, thank you for reading. If you want to know more about the smell of brown mats, please continue to pay attention.