Washing coated clothing
Washing of coated clothes
1. First understand the basic situation of coating
1. Waterproof and breathable coated fabrics are made of pure cotton, polyester-cotton, nylon, polyester, linen, wool, silk and other fabrics of certain specifications coated with special waterproof and breathable polymer elastomers according to a specific process. This kind of coated fabric not only has excellent windproof and waterproof properties, but also has good air permeability. Clothing made of this kind of fabric overcomes the low temperature stiffness, inelasticity and non-breathability of previous coated fabrics, which makes them stuffy and damp when worn. and other shortcomings, it can be used as various types of sportswear, winter cold-proof clothing, and various work clothes. Common ones include windbreakers, short coats, jackets, etc.
2. Types of coating:
PA (acrylic resin)
3. Most waterproof coated fabrics include polyester Oxford cloth, nylon Oxford cloth, nylon, polyester taffeta, pongee, satin waterproof coated fabrics, etc., both coated and rubber-coated. of.
4. Coating process method:
Internal coating: refers to fabrics that are coated on the inner surface of the fabric
External coating: refers to fabrics that are coated on the outer surface of the fabric
2. Identification of coated clothing:
If it is an outer membrane, the surface will feel astringent and greasy when touched by hand, and it does not have the soft touch of ordinary textiles. If it is applied internally, pinch the two layers of fabric on the fingertips and slide them against each other, and it will also feel astringent and greasy. It feels like it can’t even slide.
3. Treatment of coated clothing:
The washing label of this type of clothing is generally only “dry clean only”. However, after practice, the post-processing method of this type of clothing is water washing or hydrocarbon solvent dry cleaning, because during the dry cleaning process of tetrachlorethylene, it will cause damage to the coating and make the coating It becomes hard, but when washing with water, you should pay attention to the following issues.
1. During the work process, a high proportion of coated fabrics are used
2. The front desk staff must recognize the fabric clearly and explain it to the customer
3. If the customer insists on dry cleaning, they must tell the customer that 80% of the products may harden after dry cleaning, which will cause damage after washing, and ask the customer to sign for approval
Incident: Coated collar cracked or blistered
Question: A jacket has a polyurethane-coated collar. After dry cleaning, most of the collar coating withstood the dry cleaning, except for cracks, peeling, and blistering of the coating along the collar folds.
Reason: Coated fibers will bend during normal wear, and small cracks will appear in places where folding and bending are severe. Before washing, they are usually not easy to see, but after the penetration of the washing solvent, the coating will be removed from the fiber. peeling off or blistering,
Responsibility: After a period of normal wear, clothing can withstand dry cleaning according to the instructions on the care label, aTHO9c7a
Disclaimer: Some of the texts, pictures, audios, and videos of some articles published on this site are from the Internet and do not represent the views of this site. The copyrights belong to the original authors. If you find that the information reproduced on this website infringes upon your rights, please contact us and we will change or delete it as soon as possible.