Characteristics and varieties of acrylic fiber fabrics
(1) Characteristics of acrylic fiber fabrics
Acrylic fiber fabrics are commonly known as artificial wool. Therefore, their fabrics have a soft and fluffy feel similar to wool fabrics and are brightly colored, making them popular among consumers. The characteristics of acrylic fiber fabrics are:
1. Acrylic fiber is known as synthetic wool, and its elasticity and bulkiness are similar to natural wool. Therefore, the warmth retention of its fabrics is not inferior to wool fabrics, and is even about 15% higher than similar wool fabrics.
2. Acrylic fabrics are brightly dyed and have the best light resistance among all fiber fabrics. However, its wear resistance is the worst among various synthetic fiber fabrics. Therefore, acrylic fabric is suitable for outdoor clothing, swimwear and children’s clothing.
3. Acrylic fabric has poor hygroscopicity, is easy to stain, and feels stuffy when worn, but its dimensional stability is good.
4. Acrylic fabric has good heat resistance, ranking second among synthetic fibers, and is resistant to acids, oxidants and organic solvents, and is relatively sensitive to the action of alkali.
5. Acrylic fabric is a lighter fabric among synthetic fiber fabrics, second only to polypropylene, so it is a good lightweight clothing material, such as mountaineering clothing, winter warm clothing, etc.
(2) Varieties of Acrylic Fiber Fabrics
There are many types of acrylic fiber fabrics, including pure acrylic fabrics, acrylic blended and interwoven fabrics, the main varieties are as follows:
1 ． Acrylic pure textile fabric is made of 100% acrylic fiber. For example, women’s worsted acrylic fabrics processed from 100% wool-type acrylic fiber have the characteristics of loose structure, bright color, soft and elastic feel, and not loose or rotten texture. They are suitable for making mid-to-low-end women’s clothing. Using 100% acrylic bulked yarn as raw material, acrylic bulked coats with plain or twill weave can be made. It has the characteristics of a wool-type fabric with a plump feel, warmth and ease, and is suitable for making spring, autumn and winter coats, casual clothes, etc.
2. Acrylic blended fabric refers to fabrics blended with woolen or mid-length acrylic and viscose or polyester. Including nitrile/viscous gabardine, nitrile/viscous tweed, nitrile/polyester tweed, etc. Nitrile/viscose gabardine, also known as Oriental gabardine, is a blend of nitrile and viscous 50% each. It has a thick and tight body, strong and durable, and a smooth, soft surface, like wool gabardine, but has poor elasticity. Wrinkles easily and is suitable for making inexpensive trousers. Nitrile/viscose women’s tweed is made of a blend of 85% acrylic and 15% viscose. It is mostly woven with crepe tissue. The surface of the tweed is slightly fluffy, the color is bright, the body is light and thin, the durability is good, and the resilience is poor. It is suitable for making coat. Nitrile/polyester tweed is a blend of 40% nitrile and 60% polyester. Because it is mostly processed with plain and twill weaves, it has the characteristics of a flat appearance, strong and easy to iron, but its disadvantage is poor comfort. Therefore, it is mostly used for the production of mid-range clothing such as outerwear and suits.
Disclaimer: Some of the texts, pictures, audios, and videos of some articles published on this site are from the Internet and do not represent the views of this site. The copyrights belong to the original authors. If you find that the information reproduced on this website infringes upon your rights, please contact us and we will change or delete it as soon as possible.