Physical and chemical properties of aramid 1313
Aramid 1313 flame retardant and heat insulating protective clothing
Aramid 1313 is a high-tech special fiber with excellent heat resistance and mechanics. It not only has good breathability and moisture permeability, but also has long heat-resistant life, wear resistance, good resistance to multiple twists and turns, and resistance to various chemical reagents. It is an important material for making flame-retardant and heat-insulating protective clothing.
Aramid 1313 has high breaking strength and large elongation, so it has good wear resistance and is durable. The low stiffness and high elongation characteristics make it have the same spinnability as ordinary fibers, soft hand feeling and comfortable wearing.
(1) Heat resistance. In the crystal of aramid 1313, the hydrogen bonds are arranged in two planes, forming a three-dimensional structure of hydrogen bonds. Due to the extremely strong hydrogen bonding, its structure is stable and it can maintain high strength under general high temperature conditions. At an operating temperature of 177~200℃, it can still maintain 65%~70% of its original strength for up to 20,000h.
(2) Flame retardant performance. Due to its inherent structural characteristics, aramid 1313 does not burn in flames and has an oxygen limiting index of 29% to 32%. It is a flame-retardant fiber that will not burn in the air, does not support combustion, is self-extinguishing, and has no melting droplets. When the temperature exceeds 400°C, the fiber gradually becomes brittle and carbonized until it decomposes without producing droplets. The smoke density of aramid 1313 and the toxic gases emitted when burned are less than other fibers.
(3) Thermal and moisture comfort. The so-called thermal and moisture comfort refers to the conditions under which people are satisfied with the thermal environment. The most basic condition for human thermal comfort is to maintain the human body’s thermal balance, that is, the balance of energy exchange between the human body’s own heat production and heat dissipation to the environment. When the ambient temperature is high (above 33°C), the temperature difference between the human body and the environment is very small, and there is even an inverse temperature difference, which the human body can adjust independently. At this time, the see-through performance of clothing becomes particularly important. Through testing the hygroscopicity and clothing comfort of several fire-resistant fabrics, it can be concluded that the thermal and moisture comfort performance of aramid is due to other fabrics.
(4) Chemical corrosion resistance. Aramid 1313 has good chemical resistance and can withstand most acids. When immersed in hydrochloric acid, nitric acid and sulfuric acid for a long time, the strength will slightly decrease; it has good alkali resistance, but when exposed to sodium hydroxide for a long time, the strength will decrease; it can withstand most bleaching Agents and solvents, in sodium hypochlorite, the strength is slightly lost; it is stable to oxides, and under the action of corrosive gas at 250°C, the strength still maintains 60% of normal temperature; it has an antioxidant effect at temperatures above the dew point of the acid, but at Below the dew point, strength tends to decrease due to the accumulation of concentrated sulfuric acid on the fibers.
(5) Radiation protection performance. Aramid 1313 has strong radiation resistance and still has high residual strength under irradiation of β-rays and γ-rays. For example, under 50kV X-ray radiation for 100 hours, its intensity remains 73% of the original, and at this time the polyester and nylon have turned into powder. Therefore, aramid 1313 is suitable for making work clothes in flammable and explosive environments and materials used at high temperatures.
Disclaimer: Some of the texts, pictures, audios, and videos of some articles published on this site are from the Internet and do not represent the views of this site. The copyrights belong to the original authors. If you find that the information reproduced on this website infringes upon your rights, please contact us and we will change or delete it as soon as possible.