Preventive measures for fabric pilling
Fabric Wearing Properties Pilling and Pilling Textile Fabrics
Fuzzing and pilling have a great impact on the wearing properties of fabrics. However, the factors that cause pilling exist in every link from raw materials to production. Even during daily wear. Improving the anti-pilling properties of textiles can be said to be a systematic project. Active and effective preventive measures must be taken in each process to improve the anti-pilling properties of the final product.
1. When selecting raw materials, the lint content in the raw materials is mainly considered. The lint content has a greater impact on fabric pilling. For varieties that are prone to pilling, choose raw materials with long fiber length and less short lint; for products blended with chemical fibers, choose chemical fibers with a thicker diameter to have a better anti-balling effect than thinner ones. Of course, choosing fabrics made of chemical fibers with a thick diameter will have a stiffer feel than those with a thin diameter. In practice, the relationship between feel and pilling must be balanced.
2. In the spinning process, we must start from the aspects of controlling the amount of short velvet and reducing hairiness. Scientifically and rationally set the process parameters to reduce the short fiber content in each product, reduce the amount of hairiness and shorten the hairiness length of the spun yarn, improve the uniformity of the yarn line, and reduce the thick spots; new spinning technology can also be used to obtain a tight-structured yarn. yarn.
3. In terms of fabric design, appropriate fabric structure, density and other parameters should be selected according to the style and wearing performance requirements of the final product.
4. During the dyeing and finishing process, the dyeing and finishing process should be reasonably arranged according to the style characteristics of the product and the requirements for anti-pilling and pilling levels. When wearing clothes that are prone to pilling, try to match the inner and outer layers with smooth clothing to reduce friction. Washing and drying methods should be carried out in accordance with the requirements on the washing label on the clothing.
5. For chemical fiber fabrics with poor hygroscopicity or dry wearing situations, it is better to add conductive fibers during spinning.
Disclaimer: Some of the texts, pictures, audios, and videos of some articles published on this site are from the Internet and do not represent the views of this site. The copyrights belong to the original authors. If you find that the information reproduced on this website infringes upon your rights, please contact us and we will change or delete it as soon as possible.