Thermal underwear is one of the necessary clothing items in the cold season. It not only provides warmth and comfort, but also effectively protects the body from cold weather. In order to maintain the thermal insulation effect and extend the service life of thermal underwear, the following are some maintenance tips:
1. Gentle cleaning: Thermal underwear is generally made of high-tech fiber materials Made of thermal fabrics, spandex, etc., therefore they should be cleaned in a gentle manner. It’s best to hand wash or choose the “delicate” or “wool” cycle of your washing machine. Use warm water (below 30°C) and neutral detergent, and avoid using bleach and harsh detergents to prevent damage to the surface of the material.
2. Avoid soaking for too long: When cleaning, try not to soak thermal underwear in water for too long. This will not only easily cause the fabric to deform, but may also affect warmth retention. The thermal insulation effect of the fabric. Take it out promptly and squeeze gently to remove excess water.
3. Dry in a cool and ventilated place: After washing, place the thermal underwear in a cool and ventilated place to dry, away from direct sunlight. Overexposure to the sun can cause fibers to stiffen and lose their softness. At the same time, thermal underwear should be hung to dry rather than placed on a heat source or heater to avoid local high temperatures that may cause burns or fiber damage.
4. Avoid friction and pulling: The fabrics of thermal underwear are usually fragile, and friction with rough surfaces or surfaces with hard objects should be avoided to avoid damage. The fiber structure of the fabric. At the same time, handle it gently when putting it on and taking it off, and avoid excessive pulling to extend the service life of thermal underwear.
5. Store separately: Store different types of thermal underwear separately to avoid mixing them with other clothing. Some thermal underwear may have adhesives or metal accessories, which may be damaged by contact with other fabrics. At the same time, the storage environment should be kept dry, clean, and away from moisture and direct sunlight.
6. Change regularly: Thermal underwear is clothing that is close to the skin. Long-term use will lead to the growth of bacteria and the production of odor. Therefore, it is recommended to change thermal underwear regularly and maintain personal hygiene. Typically, they should be replaced at least once after each season.
In short, through maintenance techniques such as gentle washing, drying, avoiding friction and pulling, separate storage, and regular replacement, the service life of thermal underwear can be extended and maintained. Its warmth and comfort. Remember, each brand and product may have different special requirements, and it’s best to follow the care label and after-sales instructions on the garment.