Silk quilts are very comfortable, so many users now choose silk quilts when buying quilts. However, silk quilts are generally not cheap, so many users will be more careful when cleaning silk quilts to avoid damaging the silk. So many people will ask Can silk quilts be washed in a washing machine? There are also some careless users who throw silk into the washing machine for cleaning, causing the silk to be deformed and damaged. How to recover silk after being washed? The editor will introduce these issues below.
1. Can silk quilts be washed in a washing machine?
Many users will ask whether silk quilts can be vacuumed in a washing machine. Because the price of silk quilts is relatively high, many users will worry about damaging the silk quilts due to improper cleaning. The editor below will briefly introduce the question of whether silk quilts can be washed in a washing machine.
1. Silk quilts are also divided into washable silk quilts and non-washable silk quilts. Generally, the label will indicate whether the silk quilt can be washed. Water-based silk quilts can be washed in the washing machine. Silk quilts that cannot be washed cannot be put into the washing machine.
2. Most silk quilts cannot be washed or dry-cleaned, and need to be sent to a specialized laundry for cleaning. If it is marked that the silk quilt cannot be washed and you continue to throw it into the washing machine for cleaning, it will affect the quality of the silk quilt.
3. Under normal circumstances, when we use silk quilts, we will put a layer of quilt cover on top. If you feel that the silk is dirty, just remove the quilt cover and wash it. Just put the silk in a ventilated place and blow it.
4. If you must clean a silk quilt that cannot be washed or dry-cleaned, it is best to send it to a professional laundry center for cleaning.
Recommended reading: How to tell whether a silk quilt is authentic or not
2. How to recover silk after being washed
How to recover silk after being washed? We know that most silk quilts cannot be washed or dry-cleaned. Generally, silk quilts will be severely deformed when washed. But how to restore it if it has been washed? The editor below summarizes some methods on the Internet, but the recovery methods introduced below cannot restore silk to its original state.
1. Drying treatment
If the silk has been washed, spin it dry after washing and then place it in a ventilated place to blow dry. Many users will think that it doesn’t matter how they dry the duvet once it’s been ruined. In fact, there is a difference. The fibers of silk are relatively thin, and if left to dry in the sun, the fibers are easily oxidized and broken.
In When the silk is ready to be dried, shake it more and try to spread the silk in the quilt as much as possible. Then pat the silk quilt more often when drying. Let the silk be patted open *.
3. Unwrap the silk
Silk basically cannot return to its original state after being washed with water. So the silk was taken apart, and then the silk that was stuck together was pulled loose. Then the silk is sewn.
The above is the method for recovering silk after it has been washed. However, the methods introduced above can only restore the softness of the silk quilt as much as possible. It cannot completely restore the original state of the silk quilt. Generally speaking, silk cannot be completely restored to its previous state after being washed.
3. Can silk quilts be dried?
Most silk quilts cannot be washed, so many users will want to dry their silk quilts regularly. However, many users are confused about whether silk quilts can be dried? The editor will introduce this issue below.
Silk quilts cannot be washed, and they will inevitably have some smell after being left for a period of time. Therefore, most users will want to dry the silk quilt when using it. Many users dry their silk quilts in the sun alone, which will oxidize the silk in the silk quilts. In fact, silk quilts can also be exposed to the sun, but you need to pay attention to some issues
1. Silk quilts exposed to the sun for a long time will indeed cause Silk oxidizes, so when drying the silkIt is best to choose a time when the sun is not strong. This can effectively prevent the silk from being oxidized.
2. Silk quilts should not be exposed to the sun frequently. Generally, 1-2 times a month is enough.
3. Every time you dry the silk quilt, you can pat it gently with your hands. This can restore the fluffiness of the silk quilt, or you can Increase the service life of silk quilts.
The above is aboutCan silk quilts be washed in a washing machine? Can silk be washed with water? How to restore afterrelated content, I hope it can be helpful to everyone! , China’s well-known large-scale decoration platform and leading decoration brand. If you want to put some thought into decoration and design, it is recommended that you apply for professional design services. Professional designers can help you plan a reasonable space layout and exquisite design through on-site room measurement.
>> Click here to get professional designer* room design