Recently, Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen announced that the Cambodian New Year holiday will be made up from August 17th to 21st. Since August 17th to 21st happens to be Monday to Friday, plus the weekends before and after holidays, many people can take a long vacation of up to 9 days in a row.
In this regard, some Chinese bosses said that the epidemic has just eased, and they were originally preparing to work hard for the economy, but the result is that it has stagnated again. It is really difficult for us. Of course, some bosses said that due to the impact of the epidemic, everyone rarely goes out, and they are preparing this holiday for employees to relax.
Mr. Lu, a Chinese owner of a hardware business in Cambodia, said that if there is a holiday, many markets will definitely be closed for a few days. Many of my customers are All major markets will definitely have an impact on business.
He said that despite this, he would still support the government’s decision. After all, Cambodian New Year is a very important holiday in Cambodia.
“All my employees are locals , so I hope they take this holiday to have a good rest and work hard again after the holiday.”
Boss Lu pointed out that it is still during the epidemic, and he hopes that the employees will While on vacation, you can also take epidemic prevention measures.
For the short holiday, travel agencies that have been struggling for several months are finally seeing the light of day.
The owner of a well-known travel agency in Phnom Penh said that the epidemic has hit Cambodian travel agencies very hard. Currently, at least 95% of travel agencies in the country are temporarily closed, and the remaining 5% are also temporarily closed. Working hard.
He said that because the government has just announced the long holiday, the business of travel agencies is not very obvious yet. He hopes that in the next few days, people will sign up for domestic tours. There will be more and more local people.
Previously, the Ministry of Tourism had predicted that arrivals this year International tourists to Cambodia will drop by 70%, and domestic tourists will drop by 50%. Tourism-related revenue losses this year are expected to reach $3 billion.
It is worth noting that many Cambodian netizens have complained online that the Cambodian government announced a holiday for the Cambodian New Year. I believe that the owners of garment and shoe factories The biggest blow was received. In the past, due to the impact of the epidemic, many international buyers canceled orders and many factories were forced to shut down. Now that the epidemic situation has just gotten better, there is another nine-day long holiday. Not only do the workers not work, but they can also receive wages as usual. This is very detrimental to the factory.
It should be mentioned that Cambodia used to have 28 days of holidays a year, which was very troublesome for bosses in Cambodia. Employees take time off from time to time to make up for long vacations, splitting one day’s vacation into three or five days, which greatly affects the factory’s production efficiency.
In order to retain the hearts of bosses in Cambodia, on October 4, 2019, the Ministry of Labor issued a press notice stating that the number of public holidays in 2020 will be reduced from 28 days Up to the 22nd day, if a public holiday falls on a Sunday, workers can also enjoy one extra day of compensatory holiday.