Starting from September 1, the newly revised “Law of the People’s Republic of China on the Prevention and Control of Environmental Pollution by Solid Waste” (hereinafter referred to as the new “Solid Waste Law”) will be officially implemented. The new solid waste law has also reached a new height in terms of “severe penalties and heavy penalties” for environmental violations. The amount of fines for multiple violations is 10 times that of the current solid waste law.
Previously, due to the relatively small penalties, many companies preferred to pay fines in exchange for temporary stability. Production, accumulated over time, brings serious pollution. The new “Solid Waste Law” increases the intensity of punishment. For companies that violate key regulations, the upper limit of fines is increased to 5 million yuan, supplemented by strict law enforcement standards, to reduce the occurrence of pollution incidents and fundamentally promote the overall improvement of environmental protection.
Penalty Rules Table of the New Solid Waste Law
New penalty provisions in the new solid waste law
“Severe penalties and heavy penalties” Another manifestation is that for specific environmental violations, in addition to administrative penalties for the company itself, the relevant person in charge of the company will also be punished.
The new solid waste law should be the one that applies the “double penalty system” the most among all current environmental laws and regulations.
In addition, the new law also adds provisions for administrative detention of relevant responsible persons of enterprises.
Therefore, understanding the content of the new solid waste law will help companies understand which “high-voltage lines” cannot be touched in production and operation; on the other hand, it will help companies make more scientific deployments. Develop strategic planning and draft internal environmental management systems.
Hazardous waste is not labeled, with a heavy fine of 10-100 Ten thousand!
Article 77 of the new “Solid Waste Law” stipulates: Containers and packages of hazardous wastes as well as facilities and places for the collection, storage, transportation, utilization and disposal of hazardous wastes , hazardous waste identification signs should be set up in accordance with regulations.
Article 112 Anyone who violates the provisions of this Law and commits any of the following acts shall be ordered to make corrections by the competent ecological environment department, be fined, and have illegal gains confiscated; if the circumstances are serious, Upon approval by the people’s government with the authority to approve, it may be ordered to suspend business or close down:
(1) Failure to set hazardous waste identification signs in accordance with regulations;
(2) Failure to formulate a hazardous waste management plan or declare hazardous waste-related information in accordance with relevant national regulations;
(3) Dumping or stacking hazardous waste without authorization;
(4) Providing or entrusting hazardous waste to unlicensed units or other producers and operators to engage in business activities;
(5) Failure to fill in and operate the hazardous waste transfer form in accordance with relevant national regulations or transfer hazardous waste without approval;
(6) Failure to store in accordance with national environmental protection standards , utilizing and disposing of hazardous wastes or mixing hazardous wastes with non-hazardous wastes for storage;
(7) Mixing collection, storage, transportation, and disposal without safe disposal has inappropriate consequences Hazardous wastes of compatible nature;
(8) Carrying hazardous wastes and passengers on the same means of transportation;
(9) Converting the sites, facilities, equipment, containers, packaging and other items used for collecting, storing, transporting and disposing of hazardous wastes to other uses without decontamination treatment;
(10) Failure to take corresponding preventive measures, resulting in the scattering, loss, leakage or other environmental pollution of hazardous waste;
(11) Discarding along the way during transportation , leaving hazardous waste;
(12) Failure to formulate prevention measures and emergency plans for hazardous waste accidents;
( 13) Failure to establish a hazardous waste management ledger and record it truthfully in accordance with relevant national regulations.
Items 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 12 and 1 of the preceding paragraph For one of the thirteen acts, a fine of not less than 100,000 yuan but not more than 1 million yuan will be imposed! If one of the acts in Item 3, Item 4, Item 10 or Item 11 of the preceding paragraph is committed, a fine of not less than three times but not more than five times of the required disposal fee shall be imposed. If the required disposal fee is less than 200,000 yuan, a fine of two times shall be imposed. One hundred thousand yuan calculation.
The new Solid Waste Law is a law that production enterprises need to understand in depth. The Solid Waste Law is different from other environmental protection laws such as the Water Pollution Prevention and Control Law and the Air Pollution Prevention and Control Law. The point of the separate law is that it is not just a law that sets environmental management obligations and responsibilities for pollutant-discharging units. The impact of the Solid Waste Law on enterprises actually penetrates into the entire process of enterprise operations, and can even change a company’s profit model.
In addition, the new Solid Waste Law has also reached a new height in terms of “severe penalties and heavy penalties” for environmental violations. The amount of fines for many violations is higher than that of the current Solid Waste Law. 10 times. For example, the current Solid Waste Law stipulates that “anyone who fails to set up hazardous waste identification signs” will be fined not less than RMB 10,000 but not more than RMB 100,000. The new solid waste law stipulates that “anyone who fails to install hazardous waste identification signs in accordance with regulations” shall be fined not less than 100,000 yuan but not more than 1 million yuan, and “not installing in accordance with regulations” includes two situations: failure to install hazardous waste identification signs and improper installation. </p