The quilt I don’t sleep on every day is wrapped in a quilt cover. With the quilt cover, we don’t need to wash the quilt. We just need to take off the quilt cover and clean it. OK~ But there are many types of quilt covers on the market today, and there are certain differences in cleaning* different materials. So do you need to wash the new silk quilt cover? What is the best way to clean silk sheets? Today, let’s talk with you about paying attention to silk quilt covers.
1. Do you need to wash the newly purchased silk quilt cover?
Careful friends will find that the newly purchased sheets have a smell, and this smell is the smell of formaldehyde. This is because during the production process of bed sheets and quilt covers, formaldehyde can prevent the fabric from wrinkles. Everyone knows that formaldehyde is harmful to human health because formaldehyde is a carcinogen. In high-pressure and high-temperature environments, formaldehyde molecules combine with cotton fiber molecules to produce an anti-wrinkle effect. However, if the treatment process is not rigorous enough, or the cleaning after treatment is not thorough, formaldehyde monomers will be released from the fabric, and the fabric itself may even contain formaldehyde. Therefore, the newly purchased silk quilt cover needs to be cleaned, and it must be cleaned correctly.
2. How to clean silk sheets
Hand-wash silk sheets*, specific steps: put a small amount of neutral detergent (such as detergent used for washing fruits and vegetables) in cold water, stir the detergent in the water with your hands before putting it in Clothes: Do not soak clothes in water for more than five minutes; wash and rinse gently with hands, do not wring them dry, hang to dry in the shade; if not ironed, wait until the clothes are 70% dry and smooth them with your hands.
1. There are many varieties of silk. It is recommended to check the washing label of the clothes before washing. Some varieties are not suitable for washing, such as floral satin, brocade, antique satin, Tianxiang silk, golden crepe, gold velvet, etc.; some varieties are suitable for dry cleaning, such as velvet, velvet, georgette, etc.; some can be washed, and should be washed in cold water before washing. Soak in medium for about 10 minutes. The soaking time should not be too long. Dark colors tend to fade easily, so wash them in cold or warm water and avoid soaking them for a long time. Wash gently and avoid scrubbing vigorously. When machine washing, choose light setting.
2. Not resistant to alkali, neutral enzyme-free or silk-specific detergent should be used.
3. Do not use chlorine-containing builders for soaking. Oxygen-containing builders can be used to remove color stains.
4. Use squeeze washing, avoid twisting, squeeze to remove water, hang to dry in the shade or hang in half to dry in the shade, do not expose to the sun , not suitable for drying.
5. Use softener to maintain a soft feel and anti-static.
6. Silk clothes should be hung and stored. The boxes and cabinets where clothes are stored should be kept clean, dry, and sealed as much as possible to prevent dust contamination. , do not sprinkle deodorant or perfume, and do not place mothballs.
3. Can silk sheets be machine washed
Can silk sheets be machine washed? You can check the washing label of silk sheets before washing. Some varieties are not suitable for washing, such as floral soft satin, brocade satin, antique satin, heavenly silk, gold velvet, etc. Some varieties are suitable for dry cleaning, such as velvet, velvet, etc. Some varieties can be washed with water. Soak in cold water for about ten minutes before washing. The soaking time should not be too long. Dark colors generally fade easily. Wash in cold or warm water and squeeze gently. When washing, avoid scrubbing vigorously, and choose the light setting when machine washing. Moreover, remember that silk clothes must not be washed with washing powder and dishwashing liquid, because washing powder and dishwashing liquid contain protease, which can hydrolyze proteins into peptides or amino acids, and the clothes will be gone.
The above is about whether to wash the newly purchased silk quilt cover and how to clean the silk bed sheets. I hope it can be helpful to everyone! , China’s well-known large-scale decoration platform and leading decoration brand. If you want to put some thought into decoration and design, I suggest you apply for the * design service.Through on-site room measurement by professional designers, we can help you plan a reasonable space layout and exquisite design.
>> Click here to get professional designer* room design