In order to have a good resting environment, many owners will put a very soft and comfortable mattress on the bed when decorating the bedroom. However, many owners have learned that some palm mattresses contain formaldehyde. So Does Simmons mattresses contain formaldehyde? If the new mattress contains formaldehyde, how can I remove it? The editor below will introduce the issue of whether Simmons mattresses contain formaldehyde and how to remove formaldehyde from new mattresses.
1. Do Simmons mattresses contain formaldehyde?
In fact, most Simmons mattresses sold on the market contain some formaldehyde. The main causes of formaldehyde pollution in Simmons mattresses are as follows.
1. The problem of excessive formaldehyde in soft spring mattresses mainly lies in the auxiliary cushioning materials. In order to save costs, manufacturing companies use fabrics and sponges that have more or less formaldehyde levels exceeding the standard as bedding materials. Of course, the filled mattresses also have formaldehyde levels exceeding the standard.
2. Some mattresses made of coconut palm or mountain palm as bedding material will have serious formaldehyde levels exceeding the standard. Because in the production process of brown sheet mattresses, in order to enhance the strength and hardness of the brown sheet, a large amount of adhesive is blindly added during production. Although the strength and hardness of the brown sheet can be improved, formaldehyde continues to evaporate from the adhesive. The release of formaldehyde will cause serious excess of formaldehyde.
3. Many Simmons luxury extra-thick mattresses contain formaldehyde that exceeds the standard. The fillings of this mattress are urea-formaldehyde resin foam, which is a compound of urea and formaldehyde. Once there is a flaw in the manufacturer’s process, the formaldehyde will easily decompose.
2. How to remove formaldehyde from new mattresses
Expose the mattress outdoors to reduce the risk of formaldehyde content. However, you should pay attention to whether the mattress can be exposed to the sun. Some mattresses are not suitable for exposure to the sun. If the mattress is not suitable for exposure to the sun, do not use this method.
2. Multiple windows for ventilation
Open windows frequently for ventilation to keep indoor air fresh and quickly dissipate harmful substances.
3. Solid activated carbon adsorption
Put a few packs of activated carbon at the bedside to remove formaldehyde. Activated carbon is easily saturated and needs to be replaced regularly.
4. Photocatalyst removal of formaldehyde
Photocatalyst can decompose formaldehyde. If it is a wooden bed, you can use photocatalyst wood essential oil. If it is leather, you can use leather aldehyde removal care solution.
3. How long does it take for a new mattress to be ventilated before you can sleep on it
A new mattress is not suitable for sleeping directly after you buy it. It usually needs a period of ventilation before it can be used. However, the formaldehyde content of mattress products sold on the market Basically, it is within the safe range, so usually the mattress can be used after a week or so of ventilation. If you are still worried, you can place a few bags of charcoal on the mattress to absorb some formaldehyde during ventilation. Then before use, use a product that tests formaldehyde content to test whether the formaldehyde content of the mattress exceeds the standard. If the indoor formaldehyde content is within the range, it can be used normally.
Recommended reading: Is Simmons mattress good?
The above is the relevant content aboutDoes Simmons mattresses contain formaldehyde? How to remove formaldehyde from new mattresses. I hope it will be helpful to everyone. !, a well-known large-scale decoration platform and leading decoration brand in China. If you want to put some thought into decoration and design, it is recommended that you apply for professional design services. Professional designers can help you plan a reasonable space layout and exquisite design through on-site room measurement.
>>Click here��Get professional designers* to measure room design