Project undertaking: Beijing Cotton Outlook Information Consulting Co., Ltd.
Investigation targets: Xinjiang, Shandong, Hebei, Henan, Cotton textile enterprises in Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Hubei, Anhui, Jiangxi, Shanxi, Shaanxi, Hunan and other provinces and autonomous regions
The textile market sales in February were generally smooth. Although affected by the Spring Festival holiday, the sales throughout the month The start-up rate and output have declined, but due to personnel celebrating the New Year in place and a large number of downstream orders, the Spring Festival holiday for most textile companies has been shortened. At present, the company’s finished product inventory remains at a low level, raw material inventory is relatively abundant, and large-scale restocking has not begun. Most of the orders before the year were scheduled to March and April. Although yarn prices generally rose after the year, the downstream transmission was slow, and the sustainability of new orders remains to be seen. According to a survey of more than 90 designated textile companies across the country by the China Cotton Early Warning System, textile companies’ raw material inventories dropped slightly this month, textile output fell month-on-month, and yarn inventories and cloth inventories fell slightly.
1. Textile output decreased month-on-month
The overall market sales in February were smooth, profits were good, and the operating rate of enterprises was still at a relatively high level. According to the survey, yarn output decreased by 6.3% month-on-month and increased by 3.1% year-on-year. Among them: pure cotton yarn accounted for 65.7%, an increase of 0.4 percentage points month-on-month; blended yarn and chemical fiber yarn accounted for 34.3%, a month-on-month decrease of 0.4 percentage points. percentage points.
Cloth output decreased by 8.2% month-on-month and increased by 1.4% year-on-year. Among them: the proportion of pure cotton cloth decreased by 0.2 percentage points month-on-month. The yarn sales rate was 93%, an increase of 1 percentage point from the previous month.
The current yarn inventory of textile enterprises is 8.97 days, a month-on-month decrease of 0.24 days. The inventory of gray fabrics is 14.65 days, a decrease of 0.29 days from the previous month.
2. The price of domestic and foreign cotton yarn continues to rise
The price of domestic and foreign cotton yarn continues to rise sharply this month. The average price of domestic 32-count pure cotton yarn in February was 24,739 yuan/ton, a month-on-month increase of 709 yuan, or 2.95%, and a year-on-year increase of 4,183 yuan, or 20.3%; the monthly average price of imported 32-count pure cotton yarn was 24,778 yuan/ton, a month-on-month increase of 765 yuan, a 3.19% increase, and a year-on-year increase of 24,778 yuan/ton. It increased by 4,269 yuan, or 20.8%.
3. Enterprise raw material inventories dropped slightly
This month Cotton prices continue to rise, and textile companies have sufficient raw material inventories, and most of them are waiting to see how to purchase cotton. As of February 28, the cotton industry inventory of textile companies in the warehouse was 882,400 tons, a month-on-month decrease of 48,100 tons, and a year-on-year increase of 160,600 tons. Among them: 35% of companies reduced cotton inventories, 22% increased inventories, and 43% remained basically unchanged.
The proportion of Xinjiang cotton used by textile enterprises has increased, the proportion of real estate cotton has decreased, and the proportion of imported cotton has decreased:
1. The Xinjiang cotton used by textile enterprises accounted for 89.79% of the total cotton consumption, an increase of 0.12 percentage points month-on-month and a year-on-year increase of 0.25 percentage points. Among them: Xinjiang cotton reserves accounted for 6.85%. This year, Xinjiang cotton Cotton accounts for 93.15%.
2. The proportion of real estate cotton used by textile enterprises was 3.19%, a decrease of 0.02 percentage points from the previous month. Among them: reserve real estate cotton accounts for 4.03%, and this year’s real estate cotton accounts for 95.97%.
3. The proportion of imported cotton used by textile enterprises was 7.02%, a decrease of 0.1 percentage points month-on-month and a year-on-year decrease of 0.42 percentage points.