Beds are directly related to everyone’s sleep quality. When it comes to beds, we must mention mattresses. Among many mattress materials, latex mattresses are more popular, but listen It is said that latex mattresses will become moldy after being used for a long time. Many people who want to buy latex mattresses have doubts. So is it true that latex mattresses are moldy? Can latex mattresses still be used if they are moldy? Latex beds How to deal with moldy pads? Let’s find out with the editor.
1. Is it fake that latex mattresses are moldy?
1. Latex mattresses will not become moldy, but they may cause moldiness because the bed board used by the user has poor air permeability.
2. Latex mattresses have the function of containing germs. They have many vents themselves, which can absorb the energy contained in the human body. Therefore, under normal circumstances, latex mattresses will not become moldy.
3. If you buy fake and inferior products, there is no guarantee that they will not become moldy. Consumers must pay attention to the density of latex mattresses when purchasing. The density will be directly related to the mattress. Consumers who like a softer mattress can choose a density between 60 and 70. If they like a mattress with moderate hardness, You can choose a mattress with a density between 70 and 80. The elderly are suitable for mattresses with a density of 80 to 85.
2. Can a latex mattress still be used if it becomes moldy?
A latex mattress will become moldy and can be reused after special treatment. You can continue to use it. Here are some treatment methods:
1. Disinfectant: Use disinfectant to scrub the moldy mattress clean. The disinfectant can be passed through 1 :50 diluted with water, you can scrub or soak the mattress to kill all the bacteria on the mattress.
2. Exposure to the sun: The best way to solve the problem of hair loss is through ultraviolet light, which can quickly kill bacteria, dry out the mattress and destroy mold. breeding environment.
3. White vinegar: Users can use white vinegar to scrub the moldy parts of the mattress, and then wash it with clean water several times. If the sour smell is strong, you can spray some Perfume, just put it in the sun for a few more days and it will be fine.
3. How to deal with moldy latex mattresses
After latex mattresses become moldy, many users don’t know what to do. It would be a pity to throw them away. Here are some ways to solve the problem of moldy mattresses. I hope they can help you:
1. Exposure to the sun and vacuum cleaner: Mold spreads through spores. If you want to completely clean the mold on the mattress, you need to clean the spores on the mattress. You can use a vacuum cleaner to clean the top and bottom of the mattress. Wash the bottom, sides and surface and expose them to the sun. The bacteria inside will be killed in 2 to 3 days.
Soapy water and exposure to the sun: You can use a brush dipped in a little soapy water to clean the moldy areas on the mattress, and then rinse twice with warm water. After cleaning the moldy areas, just expose them to the sun for a day or two. .
The above information is introduced by the editor aboutIs it fake that latex mattresses are moldy? Can latex mattresses still be used if they are moldy? Latex This concludes the article on how to deal with moldy mattresses. If you want to know more about latex mattresses, please continue to pay attention.